Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thanks for the help Cassowary




It is always great to see results. This photo was taken in a area of our land that was once grassed for cattle. Over the years we have allowed to to naturally regenerate, and are now actively revegetating it. On one of my last inspections I was pleased to see a Cassowary there, and the pic below shows the evidence! The dropping is full of seeds noticeably Noah's Walnut, contributing even more to the revegetation...



Mason's Tours on Facebook

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting! I was always fascinated by Cassowaries ever since I saw one during my visit in the Daintree Rainforest. Although they are often seen as aggressive birds, they are actually a crucial part of the ecosystem just like what is featured here in your blog. Thanks for sharing this!